We believe that international educational exchange nurtures a lifelong global perspective and aspire to play a key role in increasing Stanford’s visibility around the world, strengthening Stanford’s position as a global university of consequence.
- We provide information about and assistance with obtaining and maintaining legal status in the U.S. to international students, scholars and Stanford departments.
- We advise Stanford students who are pursuing scholarships for study and research abroad.
- We enable international students, scholars and their family members at Stanford to receive maximum academic, cultural and personal benefit from their stays in the U.S.
- We contribute to international activities at Stanford by helping to create a welcoming and supportive environment that is responsive to the needs of the international community.
- We provide opportunities for Stanford students, faculty, staff, and members of our local community to broaden their horizons by interacting with people from different cultures through programs to increase international awareness and understanding.
Visiting the Center
Bechtel International Center is located at 584 Capistrano Way at the west end of theTresidder parking lot, bounded by Mayfield, Lomita Drive and Lagunita streets. There are three large houses (Rodgers, Mariposa and Serra) facing Bechtel International Center at the west end of the Tresidder lot.
Parking is limited. After 4 pm the pay lot and the 'A' lot next to Tresidder Union are free and there is parking at both sides of Bechtel International Center and in the 'C' lot behind the Bechtel International Center (next to Lake Lagunita).