Information on H-1B visas and timelines for submission
A complete application consists of
USCIS Fees For H-1 Visa
The Workflow Process in Axess
Workflow provides each approver in the system with the ability to approve, return or deny a transaction. The Workflow sequence is as follows:
- Department administrator initiates the visa transaction.
- Employee enters biographical, educational and employment history in Axess or through Secure Portal.
- Department administrator enters job information details.
- The export control questionnaire must be completed by eligible faculty supervisor/HR manager who has completed STARS course ORA-1130.
- Depending on the Stanford classification, the request may be routed to Dean of Research/Office of Postdoctoral Affairs/HR Labor Relations/School HRM for approval.
- The request may be routed to the Department administrator for final review.
- Bechtel International Center reviews the application, prepares the petition and submits it to USCIS.
See detailed instructions about completing Workflow panels.
Bechtel Process and Approval
- Once the department administrator compiles and delivers the required documentation, Bechtel International Center will review it. If any documentation is missing, the department will be notified by e-mail.
- We will create and sign the following documents based on the approved data.
- Labor Conditions Application (LCA)
- Prevailing Wage and Actual Wage forms
- I-129 form
- The petition will be submitted to USCIS, the workflow request will be approved and the department notified by email.
- We will notify the department administrator of any subsequent communication with the USCIS including
- Receipt Notices—Once received, the H-1B petition will be issued a receipt notice by USCIS. Bechtel International Center will notify the department administrator once the receipt has been received. This receipt may be used to track the progress of the petition. Please note that premium processing cases are often approved before the receipt is received by the Bechtel International Center.
- Requests For Evidence—Occasionally USCIS requires additional documentation and the department will be contacted to provide this.
- Approval Notices—When we receive the H-1B petition approval, the department is notified that the form is available for pick up along with copies of the I-129 and LCAs filed with the USCIS. The department should make copies of the documents for its own records and give the original I-797 approval notice, the I-129 and LCA forms to the employee.
Checking the Status of a Workflow Request
The department administrator may check the progress of any submitted request. Sign into Axess and select Employee visa requests and see a list of all transactions submitted. Click on the transaction and open the Approval Schedule to see where the transaction is pending. We do not have access to the transaction until it reaches our queue.