Advising for Students
Our center is open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Browse this page for details on student advising support.
International students can get advising support in one of two ways:
- By dropping by our center during walk-in hours for unscheduled, in-person support
- By making an appointment for a specific date and time to get in-person or Zoom support
Advising is open to any international students on a first-come, first-serve basis, so we encourage you to make an appointment.
Student advising takes place on the first floor. Follow the signs as you enter the building.
Walk-In Advising Support
Walk-in advising support is available at our center every Monday through Friday between 1 and 4 p.m. Simply, drop by Bechtel and following the signs to our advising offices located on the first floor.
Scheduled Advising Support
To ensure you get the support you need, when you need it, we encourage you to make an appointment for advising support.
- You may book as early as three days in advance.
- Please have your Stanford student ID number readily available.
- You may only book one appointment slot per day.
Zoom Advising Appointments
Zoom advising takes place from 1 to 4 p.m. Monday - Friday, but requires a scheduled appointment ahead of time.
- You may have to wait up to 20 minutes in Zoom to be seen after the start of your scheduled appointment time.
- Up to 3 students may register for the same appointment time and advising is limited to 10 minutes per student.
- The advisor will know that you are in the waiting room, so there is no need to email the advisor.
- If you sent an email prior to your appointment and that concern was resolved during your appointment, your email will be deleted from the queue so as not to duplicate services.