Event Space Reservations
As a Stanford organization or affiliate representative, you can reserve selected Bechtel International Center spaces for an event. Review this page for information about the available spaces, the associated requirements, the reservation process, and more. If you need additional information, contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can reserve these Bechtel International Center spaces for events:
- Courtyard and Barbecue Area
- Conference Room
- Assembly Room
- Bechtel Lawn
- Activity Room
The spaces are available for reservations during the following hours:
Monday through Friday: 4:30 to 9 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday: 10 a.m. to 11 p.m.
Availability during winter and spring breaks, summer quarter, and holidays may be different.
Space availability hours include both the event itself and the setup and cleanup time. You must dedicate at least one hour of setup time and one hour of cleanup time. (This requirement is subject to change depending on the scale of the event.) For more details, see Other Requirements and Guidelines below.
On rare occasions, you may be permitted to book events outside of the standard available hours. You must submit an extended-hours request at least two weeks before your event. The approval of your reservation is contingent upon our ability to arrange for Bechtel staff to cover the extra hours. If we cannot arrange for Bechtel staff to cover your event — from the start of setup to the end of cleanup — we may not be able to approve your reservation.
We determine fees when assessing the space and time requested and the nature of your event. We determine and discuss fees only after you submit a space reservation request and we approve it. If you have immediate questions, contact us at email@example.com.
You can check the availability of our spaces and submit a reservation using Stanford’s 25Live application. Use “BIC” to search for Bechtel International Center’s reservable spaces.
Keep in mind that all on-campus events must have a Stanford-approved sponsor.
- We do not accommodate weddings, receptions, or memorial services.
- Submit your requests at least seven days before your event. We do not consider reservation requests submitted less than seven business days before the event.
- We process room requests for the current quarter only. Reserving a space more than three months ahead of time may is not possible.
- Allow three business days for us to process your request. our reservation is not confirmed until we have reached out to you with a formal confirmation email. Your reservation remains tentative until that point.
- No event request is approved until student hosts have been scheduled to monitor the building during your event.
- Indicate if food will be provided at your event in the comments section of your reservation request in 25Live.
- You cannot make or confirm a reservation by phone.
Room Reservation Priority
The Bechtel International Center prioritizes the following types of events:
- Bechtel International Center programs and functions
- Meetings and functions held by Stanford international groups and associations
- Educational/cultural functions that are international in nature, open to all, and co-sponsored by Stanford groups or departments
- Non-internationally-related events co-sponsored by Stanford groups or departments
On rare occasions, we may need to cancel an existing room reservation. In such cases, we contact you as early as possible and offer the use of a different room or require that you reschedule your event.
Setup and Cleanup Requirements
You must dedicate at least one hour of setup time and one hour of cleanup time for your event. This is subject to change depending on the scale of the event. Contact the firstname.lastname@example.org programming team for more information regarding setup and cleanup time.
When submitting your 25Live request, use the Additional Time tab in your 25Live request to add the required setup and cleanup time.
- Bechtel International Center staff are not available to handle details of the event such as meeting with caterers, supplying equipment, delivering messages to participants, etc. Do not give our contact information to participants as a contact or information number.
- Groups must vacate the reserved facilities by the time indicated on the event calendar.
- Groups are responsible for all setup and clean-up, which you must complete by the end of the event. Coordinate with the caterers for your event so that any serving dishes, utensils, etc. are picked up during your reservation period.
- You may not remove interior furniture from the building for outside use or move it between rooms.
- You must return tables and chairs to their original configuration. If you use the chairs and tables in the Assembly Room closet, you must return them to the closet when your event is over.
- Any minors (under the age of 18) must be accompanied by parents or legal guardians at all times when attending events at Bechtel International Center. Matriculated Stanford students who are minors are exempt from this policy.
- You can only use the kitchen to prepare food for private events and events by invitation only. This means that you can use the kitchen only if you are cooking for yourself and your invited guests and will eat the food at the Bechtel International Center.
- You cannot use the kitchen to reheat, keep warm, or altered in any other way catered food.
- You must wash and put away all kitchen equipment you use.
- You may dispose of leftover food in the trash. Do not leave leftover food in the refrigerator or anywhere else in the building.
- Follow all instructions posted in the kitchen.
Let us know when you make your room reservation request if you plan to use your own electrical equipment (e.g., AV equipment, microphones, speakers).
- Groups holding large parties (i.e., around 50 or more attendees) and/or serving alcohol must follow the SAL party planning guidelines. Contact the Office of Special Events and Protocols for more information.
- The university's Noise Policy and Alcohol Policy must be followed for all events.
- Groups serving alcohol must notify the Office of Special Events and Protocol (OSEP).
- All groups serving alcohol and charging either an entrance fee or a fee for alcoholic drinks must have an alcohol license. (These licenses take about one month to process.)
- We have neighbors on both sides of our building. We do not permit noisy events and amplification of sound or music anywhere in the building or outside in the lawn, patio, or courtyard spaces. Bechtel staff may ask groups to moderate music and noise levels if needed.
Bechtel International Center assumes no responsibility for any liability, which may arise from the use of our facilities or equipment, or any failure or cancellation of service due to an act of nature or other cause beyond our reasonable control. This includes mechanical, electronic or communications failures.
If you need additional information, contact us by email at email@example.com.