- U.S. citizen.
- Enrolled as an undergraduate senior at Stanford.
- Minimum GPA of 3.7.
- Between the ages of 19 and 25 at the time of the award disbursement.
- Not have attained a doctorate.
- Be accepted to an eligible Sciences Po master’s program (need to apply for specific master’s program by Nov. 30).
Prior knowledge of French is not required, as the majority of programs offered at Sciences Po are taught in English, with French tracks or bilingual tracks offered for some programs.
The Michel David-Weill Scholarship has a campus process and requires a Stanford nomination. Therefore, you need to be aware of two deadlines: a campus deadline and a national deadline. Stanford can nominate one student per year. The campus deadline is typically in mid-November and the national deadline in late November. The application process is lengthy and requires many months of preparation.
Should I apply?
Important information, which can help you determine if the Michel David-Weill Scholarship is right for you, can be found here: https://stanford.box.com/Should-I-Apply-General-Handout
Additional information on the Michel David-Weill Scholarship, including application criteria, can be found at: http://www.sciencespo.fr/international/en/content/michel-david-weill-scholarship
Campus Application Process:
Please submit the following documents in one PDF document by our CAMPUS DEADLINE. Email to email@example.com
- Candidate Information Form found on Michel David Weill website under “Application and Selection Process”
- Personal Statement explaining motivation (1,000 words)
- Recent graded research paper from his or her undergraduate studies (8-10 pages) with professor comments
- Official paper transcripts
- 3 letters of recommendation (2 of which should be academic.) These letters need to be emailed directly to Diane Murk, firstname.lastname@example.org
Stanford will provide the institutional letter of support for the one nominee selected by our campus committee.
Candidates must also apply for a Science Po’s master’s program via their online application.
Candidates are selected on the basis of their academic accomplishments and capacity for critical analysis as well as demonstrated history of leadership and a proven commitment to community.
How the ORC can help?
After reading this website and the official Michel David-Weill website you should fill out the ORC Interest Form (located at either the top of this page or our ORC homepage). Next, attend an info session. The schedule for current info sessions can be found on the lower left of our ORC homepage: http://bechtel.stanford.edu/overseas-scholarships. This is your first step in working with the ORC team.
About the Michel David-Weill Scholarship
Named for Michel David-Weill, an alumnus of Sciences Po and former Chairman of the investment bank Lazard Frères and administered by the Michel David-Weill Foundation, this scholarship is awarded every year to an American student to pursue their post-graduate education at Sciences Po in Paris, France. The Scholarship will carry a monetary value of $80,000 spanned over two-years of Master’s degree study. It will cover the full cost of attendance at Sciences Po (including tuition and fees, housing, books, and other living/travel expenses.)