• U.S. citizen.
• Between 18 and 29 years of age on September 30 of the year of application.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university before beginning study.
The Mitchell Scholarship has a campus process and requires a Stanford endorsement. Therefore you need to be aware of two deadlines: a campus deadline and a national deadline. The campus deadline is in late August and the national deadline in late September. The application process is lengthy and requires many months of preparation.
Should I apply?
Important information, which can help determine if the Mitchell Scholarship is right for you, can be found here: https://stanford.app.box.com/v/RM-1-Should-I-Apply-2020
Additional information on the Mitchell Scholarship, including application criteria, can be found at: https://www.us-irelandalliance.org/mitchellscholarship
Applicants intending to apply for this scholarship should complete the Mitchell Intent to Apply Form.
APPLICATION CHECKLIST ORDER – Due August 30, 2019
1. Mitchell Campus Cover Sheet (available above on this webpage)
2. Curriculum Vitae/ Resume (2-page maximum)
3. Mitchell Personal Statement (1,000 words)
4. Official Transcripts (official electronic transcripts are acceptable)
5. ORC Scholarship Nomination Permission Form and Waiver (Download available from ORC)
6. A recent passport photo or professional headshot - JPG (digital photo needs to be emailed to ORC)
The above-mentioned first five items are to be combined in a PDF. The PDF and JPG files are to be emailed to the email@example.com by the campus deadline.
The four Letters of Recommendation are to be emailed by references to the ORC by the campus deadline.
How the ORC can help
After reading this website and the official Mitchell website you should attend a U.K. awards information session. Info sessions can be found at http://bechtel.stanford.edu/overseas-scholarships. This is your first step in working with the ORC team.
About the Mitchell Scholarship
The George J. Mitchell Scholarship, established in 1998 by the US-Ireland Alliance covers tuition and room for study at universities in Ireland and Northern Ireland for one academic year of post-graduate study. Each Scholar will receive a stipend to cover other necessary expenses for the term of study and assistance with traveling expenses to and from Ireland and Northern Ireland.