Follow these instructions for submitting initial or transfer requests for J visa scholars.
1. Go to the Bechtel International Center website at bechtel.stanford.edu and navigate to Bechtel Connect in the top navigation menu.
2. Click on Submit J Scholar Requests from the Faculty & Departments card to log in.
3. For initial and transfer requests, click on New Sponsorship Request.
4. Input name or email of scholar to see if they are already in system. If they are, information will auto-populate. If not in the system, enter additional information required. Be sure to enter the scholar’s name as it appears in the magnetic strip at the bottom of the biographical page in their passport.
5. Complete the form fields. Please note that you only need to answer “yes” if the exchange visitor has been in J1/J2 status in the past two years.
6. Fill out this section with information as it appears in scholar’s passport. Be sure to select from the dropdown menus for gender, country of birth, and country of citizenship.
7. For the Department Contact Information, enter the name, phone number and email address of the administrator filling out the form. Also, enter the department name, department manager, and department manager contact information.
8. Click Submit when done.