- Immigration regulations require all F and J visa holders to report their change of address in the U.S. within 10 days of moving or risk violating visa status.
- It is your responsibility to update your address information so this change can be properly reported to SEVIS.
- This address cannot be a PO Box or your department.
- J-1 and J-2 visa holders must also update email and phone numbers within 10 days of change.
- Do not change your SEVIS (U.S.) address fields in Axess to a non-U.S. address at any time, even after you have left the U.S. and/or graduated.
- Students on Academic Training must keep the SEVIS U.S. or Stu Local address field in Axess updated at all times. Axess remains available to Stanford students after graduation.
- Students on approved post OPT and STEM OPT must update their address directly to the SEVP Portal.
F-1 Students with Pending OPT
If you have a pending OPT application and have moved, see these instructions for changing your address with USCIS
F-1 Students with Approved OPT and STEM OPT
Once your OPT is approved and active, you will receive instructions via email directly from SEVIS to set up an account through the Student Exchange Visitors Program (SEVP) portal. Once you have an account setup with the SEVP portal, you will update your physical and mailing address as well as your phone number. You must update this information within 10 days of any changes directly into the SEVP portal. For more information on updating your information, please see the SEVP Portal.
If your Stanford classification is
- Knight Fellow
- Visiting Student Researcher
Please enter all U.S. residence address updates into the SEVIS (U.S.) address field in Axess so that they can be sent to SEVIS.
See instructions for changing your address in Axess
All Other Stanford Affiliates
You do not have access to Axess, so you should report your updated address by filling out this web form.