Skip to content Skip to navigation

Change of Address While OPT Application Is Pending

OPT applicants who have changed their address since submitting Form I-765 and have not received their EAD card must file the USCIS Online Change of Address form (AR-11).  You should also create an online USCIS account and change your address through the account.  Failure to do this update on Form AR-11 could cause delays in receiving the EAD.

Please have the following information available:

  1. Your receipt notice or other notice sent showing your receipt number (this is your WAC number).
  2. Your new address. Note: This address can be a P. O. Box or a different address from your SEVIS (U.S.) address found in Bechtel Connect.
  3. Your old address.
  4. Your last US re-entry information (date and port of entry).

Changing your address using Form AR-11 does not automatically update your SEVIS (US) address in Bechtel Connect. You must update your SEVIS (US) address in Axess within 10 days of moving. Failure to do so is a violation of your status.