Documents Required for Re-Entry to the U.S.
- Valid passport
- Valid F-1 visa (except for Canadian citizens)
- Valid I-20 signed for travel by a Bechtel International Center advisor
- Your I-20 must be signed within 12 months of the date of reentry
- F-1 and J-1 students who need a new travel signature on their I-20/DS-2019 can get it signed at Bechtel Monday through Friday 10 a.m. - 12 p.m., 1 p.m. - 4 p.m. or can drop it off in the red lockbox at Bechtel Monday-Friday between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. Your document will be signed and ready to pick up in the lobby on the next weekday between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. You will find your document in an envelope in a mail holder by the stairs. They will be sorted by last name.
- Students who need an I-20/DS-2019 signed for unexpected or emergency travel in the next 24 hours should come to Bechtel between 10 a.m. - 12 p.m. or 1 p.m. - 4 p.m. Monday through Friday. Please visit the front desk on the second floor to obtain a new travel signature. Our staff will be onsite to provide signatures.
- F-2 dependents must have their own I-20 forms with a valid travel signature and valid F-2 visa.
Students on Post Completion OPT should check additional requirements.