Documents Required for Re-Entry to the U.S.
- Valid passport
- Valid J-1 visa (except for Canadian citizens)
- Valid DS-2019 signed for travel by a Bechtel International Center advisor
- Your DS-2019 must be signed within 12 months of the date of reentry. If Stanford is not your program sponsor, the signature must be from the J-1 sponsor.
- J-1 students who need a new travel signature on their DS-2019 can drop it off in the red lockbox at Bechtel Monday-Friday between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. Your document will be signed and ready to pick up in the lobby on the next weekday between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. You will find your document in an envelope in a mail holder by the stairs. They will be sorted by last name.
- Students who need a DS-2019 signed for unexpected or emergency travel in the next 24 hours should come to Bechtel between 10 a.m. - 12 p.m. or 1 p.m. - 4 p.m. Monday through Friday. Please visit the front desk on the second floor to obtain a new travel signature. Our staff will be onsite to provide signatures.
- J-2 dependents must have their own DS-2019 forms with valid travel signature and valid J-2 visa (except for Canadian citizens).
Students on Post Graduation Academic Training should check additional requirements.