Skip to content Skip to navigation

J-1 Student/J-2 Dependent on Post Graduation Academic Training

Documents Required for Re-Entry to the U.S.

  • Valid passport
  • Valid J-1 visa (except for Canadian citizens)
  • Valid DS-2019 endorsed for Academic Training and signed for travel by a Bechtel International Center advisor.
  • Your DS-2019 must be signed within 12 months of the date of re-entry. If Stanford is not your program sponsor, the signature must be from the J-1 sponsor.  
  • Job offer letter
  • J-2 dependents must have their own DS-2019 forms with a valid travel signature and valid J-2 visa (except for Canadian citizens).

Do not re-enter the U.S. on any visa other than your J-1 or you will forfeit J-1 status and your ability to work in the U.S.