Skip to content Skip to navigation

Change or Add Academic Program

F-1/J-1 students who make changes to their degree programs must request a new I-20/DS-2019 from Bechtel International Center. This is not an automatic process and you must request the new I-20/DS-2019. This includes

  • Changing degree level.
  • Changing departments.
  • Adding a new degree program.
  • Adding a co-term program.

How to Request a New I-20/DS-2019

To request a new I-20/DS-2019 reflecting changes in degree level, department or degree program, submit a completed I-20/DS-2019 online transaction to the Bechtel International Center along with the required proof of funding either prior to or as soon as the new program begins. If you are admitted to a co-term program, please see an International Student Advisor at the Bechtel International Center.

If you are planning to start a new degree program after either graduating or discontinuing the degree program currently noted on your document, submit your I-20/DS-2019 request before completion or discontinuance of the current program.

Click here for detailed instructions to request an I-20

Click here for detailed instructions to request a DS-2019