Skip to main content Skip to secondary navigation

Change of Address While OPT Application Is Pending

Main content start

OPT applicants who have changed their address since submitting Form I-765 and have not received their Employment Authorization Document (EAD) card must file the USCIS Online Change of Address form (AR-11).  Failure to update your address on Form AR-11 could cause delays in receiving your EAD card.

You should also create an online USCIS account and change your address through the account.  

You’ll need the following information to complete the request:

  • Your receipt notice or other notice sent showing your receipt number (this is your WAC number).
  • Your new address. Note: This address can be a P. O. Box or a different address from your SEVIS (U.S.) address found in Bechtel Connect.
  • Your old address.
  • Your last U.S. re-entry information (date and port of entry).