We are writing to inform you of new guidance we have received regarding visa stamp validity.
Students and scholars may re-enter the U.S. using a visa stamp which is still valid even if the SEVIS number and the name on the school is different if you are entering in the same visa status. This differs from former guidance which stipulated that either the SEVIS number or the name of school should be on the visa stamp for a permissible entry. However, to support your entry to the U.S. with a visa stamp listing a different SEVIS number and different school, we urge you to present the following at the port-of-entry (airport):
· I-20/DS-2019 from Stanford
· I-20/DS-2019 from the previous school listed on your visa stamp
· Financial support documents
· Admission Letter from Stanford (for newly admitted students) and; Copy of Transcript or Confirmation of Enrollment (for current students)
· Invitation Letter (for scholars)