The Overseas Resource Center (ORC) works with undergraduates and graduate students, post-docs as well as recent alumni pursuing scholarships for study and research abroad.
What you can expect from us:
- Assessing which scholarships are right for you.
- Guidance on developing a competitive scholarship application.
- Preparation for interviews including developing interviewing skills and providing, in some cases, mock interviews.
- Connections to alumni scholarships recipients.
- Support for you at all stages of your application.
We accomplish the above by:
- Providing information sessions on scholarship opportunities.
- Providing workshops on aspects of a scholarship application.
- Offering one-on-one advising.
- Maintaining a library with scholarship literature.
- For some awards, binders of successful application essays.
- A mentor database of previous Stanford scholars.
- Referring you to other offices on campus, which can provide important support for you.
The ORC is involved with two types of scholarships:
- Scholarships with a campus process that generally require a Stanford endorsement or nomination of some kind.
- Scholarships that do not require a campus process or Stanford endorsement. We maintain a growing list of such overseas awards and can provide advice and support for your application.
Check out a story on how the Overseas Resource Center helps Stanford students earn international scholarships. The article was featured in the Stanford RoundAbout on 2-6-20.