The Bechtel International Center is Stanford’s hub for international students, scholars and families.
As a branch of Student & Academic Services, Bechtel serves our international community in the following ways:
- Providing information about and assistance with obtaining and maintaining legal status in the U.S. to international students, scholars and Stanford departments.
- Advising Stanford students who are pursuing scholarships for study and research abroad.
- Enabling international students, scholars and their family members at Stanford to receive maximum academic, cultural and personal benefit from their stays in the U.S.
- Contributing to international activities at Stanford by helping to create a welcoming and supportive environment that is responsive to the needs of the international community.
- Providing opportunities for Stanford students, faculty, staff, and members of our local community to broaden their horizons by interacting with people from different cultures through programs to increase international awareness and understanding.
We believe that international educational exchange nurtures a lifelong global perspective. We aspire to play a key role in increasing Stanford’s visibility around the world and strengthening Stanford’s position as a global university of consequence.
Our Location & Hours of Operation
Bechtel International Center is located at 584 Capistrano Way at the west end of the Tresidder parking lot, bounded by Mayfield, Lomita Drive and Lagunita streets.
Our center is open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Get details about advising support for international scholars and department administrators.