Funding for Extensions/Adding Programs
Click here for the Financial Budget to be used with I-20 and DS-2019 Request forms
For Extensions/Adding Programs:
- You are required to show proof of funding from the next quarter till the end date of the extension period/new program, up to a maximum of 9 months (3 quarters).
- If the extension/duration of new program is less than nine months and covers summer quarter, you are expected to show living expenses for summer quarter unless summer is the final quarter (which then requires you to show tuition as well as living expenses).
- You are required to show proof of funding from the end date of the current DS-2019 till the end of the extension period or the duration of the new program.
- You are required to show living expenses for summer quarter unless summer is the final quarter (which then requires you to show tuition as well as living expenses).
All funding documents must be no older than 6 months. If funds are not in U.S. dollars, please include the exchange rate and indicate the amount in U.S. dollars. You may write this information on the bank statement or upload a separate sheet with this information. Save your supporting documents (if applicable) using the following naming conventions.
Funding can be :
- Personal - a bank statement or letter from a financial institution. Upload as "PersonalFunding"
- From Stanford
- Undergraduate Financial Aid letter. Upload as "FinancialAid"
- Funding from the Secondary Department - upload a letter on department letterhead certifying amount, type and duration of support. Upload as "SecondaryDeptFunding"
- Other Funding Sources
- Family funding - upload a bank statement or letter from a financial institution. Upload as "FamilyFunding"
- You also need to upload a letter of support from the family member. Upload as "FamilySupportLetter"
- Company/ Government/Organization Funding. Upload an official letter of support certifying the amount. Upload as "SupportLetter".